Sep 24, 2011

Doing Better

Well, I made it!  I wouldn't say the birthday was a "success," but I made it.  Jesse was so supportive, it was great.

Last Saturday we had a birthday party for our friend's 2 daughters.  It was pretty hard to get through.  We were the only ones there without children.  I was shocked because I didn't know a couple friend (more of a friend of a friend) had a baby.  It was just tough. After that, Jesse and I went to a comedy show together.  We did our best to just have a good time together and forget that we are childless.

My actual birthday was okay.  It's amazing how many birthday wishes you get from people on fb.  It really made me feel good.  My work friends helped me get through it.  Later that evening we went to my favorite restaurant with my dad and Jesse's sisters.  Everyone is coming over tomorrow for dinner and to celebrate it together.

I'm just really hoping this is the last birthday I feel so down in the dumps...it's no fun!!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I know how you feel...it's always hard on birthdays and holidays. I had my miscarriage a few days before my birthday, and it sucked so much! I know I'm pg (now) but I SO know how you are feeling. Especially having to be around kids and babies and pregnant women. Torture. I think the worst are baby showers. Those just plain SUCK so much...and unless you've gone trough losses or IF, I don't think others understand it. They can sypathize with it, but not understand it.

Hang in there!!! Hope you have fun tomorrow with your family!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday again! After seeing you at the wedding, you'd never know that that you were down. Boy do I wish I had your energy and your ability to attract kids' attention. Pete was dancing with me and then he said, "where is Michelle" because apparently, I am boring to dance with :-D.

Anna said...

Sorry I'm late to the scene, but happy birthday! Hoping it's the last down in the dumps one you have! (((HUGS)))

Anna said...

PS- I sent you something in the mail. When you get it, disregard my question about the Thirty-One thing. That was another blogger and I got her confused with you! Sorry!

Stacey said...

I'm glad you are doing better and "survived" the day... happy belated birthday! I don't know if it helps to hear stuff like this, and really I know that no one ever truly knows exactly how someone else feels - but I can tell you with all certainty that I have been there, and I'm sorry. I remember the dread I felt with each approaching birthday for eight years. Birthdays and infertility really don't mix well. My heart goes out to you, and so do my prayers. The Lord can change your circumstances, and I pray that He will. Sending love to you!