Dec 11, 2010

Two Thumbs UP

So I just finished reading two of the best books EVER!  The first one was sooo good!  It's The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder.  The book made me ugly cry, but it was so good.  It addressed all my fears in life.  Infertility, death of a parent, death of a spouse, past loves...I learned that this book was not one that you take with you to places, because it seriously made me cry and because of all MY fears the book addressed, I cried the ugly time while reading this.  It was such a good book though!  I totally recommend it!




Then the second book I read was one that I was hearing a LOT about, The Help.  I was a little surprised by the length of the book, but wow!  What an excellent book.  I am fascinated by history especially issues dealing with segregation and racial issues.  This book takes the prospective of Miss Skeeter, a white woman living in Mississippi in the 60s who just doesn't quite fit in with the other ladies in the league.  Minny, an outspoken black maid and Abileen, an older black maid who you just can't help falling in love with.  These women go through quite the journey in this book.  It was such a well written, wonderful book.  I just learned they are making into a movie.  I'm so glad I read the book because I know there is NO WAY the movie will live up to how well the book was written.

So there, those are my two thumbs up book recommendations.  Go read them!  You won't be disappointed!  


Now that I'm done, anyone have anything they recommend?!




Photobucket

No comments: