Apr 8, 2011

T-Minus 22 Days!

Back in January I got this bright idea to train for a half marathon.  I thought I need to challenge myself and give myself a goal to achieve while I'm in the midst of all this waiting.  Low and behold, my friend was wanting to do a half marathon and I uneasily agreed.  4 months we had to train.  I could do it!

Well, time is ticking and 4 months has quickly decreased to 3 weeks and 1 day!  That's right people, in 22 days I will be running a half marathon!!  HOLY SHMOLY!!  What the heck did I sign up for?!

We have been busily training along...except for my little stomach issue earlier this week, but I'm better!!  YAY!!  I have kept with the training all this week and tomorrow will be our longest run in the whole training (until the day of the actual race)...12 miles!!

My goal for the race is just to finish.  I would love to be under 2 hours, but this is my first (I don't know if there'll be more?!) race and I just want to finish.  I think it will be very emotional for me when I finish the race.  Lots of symbolism.  Lots of similarities with our journey.

I'll keep you updated!
Photobucket

2 comments:

B- said...

Good luck on your upcoming run! That is such an amazing accomplishment! I have so much respect for anyone who can do something like that!

Once Upon A Time said...

Good luck! I'll be cheering you along from the internet!