Aug 5, 2010

Let The Waiting Begin!!!

So...On our way down to our RELAXING vacation, we stopped at Bethany and dropped the rest of our paperwork off. It was a great relief to finally have it out of my hands and into the agency! I was still, however, missing my @#$%@ Social Security card, but I told her I would get it to her when I got back from the Carolinas. (The letter SS assured me would be okay, was not! Go figure!) We didn't even make it to Toledo when Annette at the agency called to tell me that the letter I wrote for Jesse for his employment letter would not suffice. Curt, Jesse's partner, would have to write it.

Being that this was my STRESS FREE and RELAXATION vacation, I didn't let it get to me. As soon as we arrived in SC, I sent Curt an email explaining what needed to be done. In typical guy fashion, he didn't start working on it until the following Sunday as Jess and I were on our drive home. Well, all things said and done...When I got home, there was an envelope from my favorite place, Social Security, AND the letter. YIPPEE!!

Tuesday after my movie date with my class, I rolled down to Madison Heights and dropped the FINAL paperwork off. This time Annette looked at everything and said, "An adoption worker would be in touch within a few days." I wanted to shout from the mountain tops and skip to my car, but I refrained from looking like a complete nerd and casually walked to my car with a humongous smile on my face. That bubble was slightly burst, however, when I got home. Annette had left a message that unfortunately everyone had turned in their paperwork around the time we had as well and all the adoption workers were busy. This was a slight disappointment, but it could be good. That means I have the next two weeks to get my classroom in order and get my school stuff ready, so whenever they phone, I would be ready! So, here we go...Let the waiting begin!!

We also heard from Bethany's embryo lady in Grand Rapids. She informed me of the online "chats" I have to do for part of my "training", so I am actually starting one right now. Okay, it's starting. I'll write some more in a bit!! :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Such great news!!

I don't know if I told you but Kyle and I have seriously thought about embryo adoption too. I haven't mentioned it on my blog because I don't want to say anything until we're 100% sure and right now we just don't know what's going on. I'm so excited for you guys though!! I can't wait to see how this all progresses for you! =)

Iam veRONIque said...

wow that's great news. Wish you all the best. God Bless :D

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Wonderful news! So glad you were able to have a stress free vacation. Hope things move along quickly!

Stacey said...

Awesome, Michelle! Things are coming together! Stay busy with getting ready for school like you planned and hopefully the time will fly! So excited for you!

Glad you had a nice vacation. SC is so pretty!