Sep 20, 2010

Waiting

Thank you for all your encouragement and support.  I honestly don't know how ANYONE does this without the blogger world.  You guys are honestly the best support system and friend ever!

The interviews were a piece of cake.  I was a little annoyed because as some of you might recall, over the summer I stressed and stressed, oh and stressed a little more about the damn questionnaire we had to answer.  Well over half of the questions, she "touched" on a little more.  Then she asked a lot of questions about my parents and what they did as their careers.  I know what they do now, but I just know where they worked while I was growing up, I don't know what their responsibilities were.  I'm sure it's fine!  It was just LONG!  1 1/2 hours. 

But, she told me to give her 3-4 weeks and she'll have the report done.  She said typically she gets them done sooner, about 2 weeks, but plan on 3-4.  After that, as long as we have our birth mom letter done and our profile book, we're all set with domestic.

As for embryo, the lady had me ecstatic last week.  I called after Jesse's appointment to give her the low-down.  She told me that as soon as Dawn is done with our adoption report to send it to her.  From there we will have a phone conference to discuss our preferences.  After that, she will send us a "formal" application and we, of course, will send in a check.  From there we should get our matching profiles and things should be rolling.  I'm hoping by Thanksgiving, but planning for Christmas.  Either way...YAY!!  She also told me they have many more donors than recipients.  I'm so excited. 

I'm hoping by the middle of October, we should have both of our paths moving.  Whichever one lands us to the baby God has been preparing us for, I'm 100% okay with. 

Friends keep telling me, I can't believe it's finally happening.  I know!  I can't believe I'm not just talking about it, but things are actually moving...and moving FORWARD! 

I'm not going to lie.  My birthday was yesterday and it was much harder to turn 3-1!  I kept thinking about where I had always imagined myself at 31 and where I'm not.  At church yesterday, on my actual birthday, they talked about worrying and trusting in God while you wait.  I know that God has a plan and although I don't really understand why people have to go through all this heartache and pain, but I know the day that baby comes home to us, all this will not matter anymore.  It was all meant to be when we have our precious baby here at home with us.  So, I'm trying to not look at 31 in what it's not,  but instead look at it for what's to come.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

I'm so glad things are moving along so quickly. Our social worker took much less time to complete all the paperwork than he told us too. I am glad they do it that way than the reverse though! Can't wait to see what God has planned for you!

RELH said...

I hope she moves quick!

Megan said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!! I'm so happy to seeing things moving forward for you guys!!! YOUR baby is just out there waiting for you!!

Happy Birthday, yesterday!!! Hope you were able to have a fun celebration!

xoxo

Christina said...

Love what you said here:
"but I know the day that baby comes home to us, all this will not matter anymore"

embieadoptmom said...

How EXCITING!

Hillary said...

First of all, happy belated birthday! So glad your homestudy went well (your s/w sounds thorough!) and that you are moving so much closer!

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Nink said...

YAY!!!! It sounds like you will be having a wonderful holiday season this year! :)

twondra said...

I'm sooo excited for you Michelle! How exciting!! Keep us posted for sure! :)