Feb 10, 2010

Miracle or Hoax?!?

So, I was happily enjoying my snow day playing Bejeweled Blitz on FB when this ad in the corner kept calling my attention. It had a picture of a pregnant belly and it said something about infertility in your 30's and 40's NO MORE! I kept trying to ignore it and hoping that with each new game the ad would go away. No such luck. That stupid ad sat there and tormented me until I finally clicked the dumb link.

I was brought to a page by Lisa Olson. She supposedly suffered from infertility for a LONG time and discovered some holistic ways to "heal" infertility. She claims that if you buy her program, (Pregn.ancy Mir.acle) you will be pregnant naturally and holistically.

Now, I'm not usually an infomercial kind of gal, but something in this was appealing to me. Some of the stuff on this site were things that I have been learning from the different holistic doctors we had seen. All the chemicals and toxins we take in have an effect on our infertility. So, I'm wondering should I try it or is it a hoax? The site says you will get your money back if you're not satisfied. But it all seems too good to be true! I mean, really, you can fix this battle of infertility we've been struggling with for 6 years?! But something keeps telling me, try it! Am I crazy? Have you girls heard of this? HELP!

7 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

I've never heard of it so I can't say weather you should try it or not. Did you try detoxing before though?
Whatever you decide to do, I will be praying for you.

twondra said...

I don't know! I know...not what you want to hear. :) I tried detoxing a few months before my IVF and look what good that did me. But, everyone is different. :)

Hillary said...

I'd vote hoax and don't bother with it :( Only because it sounds too good to be true. Good luck deciding!

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Lori said...

I have never heard of this either, but I am very into natural remedies and trying things without medical help as much as possible. If you feel at peace about it then I would say go for it. Ask yourself what you have to lose? Good luck, I would love to hear about your desicion.

Anita said...

I keep seeing all of those same "baby" ads while playing that same game too. It always makes me wonder if they somehow 'know' about the infertility issue. I just try to ignore them all normally, but good luck to you with whatever your decision is!

Once Upon A Time said...

I'm saying hoax, but I'm always a little skeptical about stuff like that.

Have you decided whether to try it or not? Good luck with whatever you decide!

Megan said...

I'm voting hoax, but have you tried googling it or looking at the better business bureau to see if there is anything about this program on there? Or maybe snopes.com...just some ideas to look into it further if it's something you're seriously considering.